The National Anthem of Norway
We are continuing our tradition of a New Member Welcome and Brunch on Saturday June 18 at Shepherd of the Woods Lutheran Church from 10 a.m. - Noon. Our new members since mid-2015 to mid-2016 will be officially welcomed. All members, newer and time honored, are encouraged to attend and say hello. We’ll have your brunch favorites. New members are our guests and non-new members will pay a modest fee, unless the event is sponsored. See you then.
Membership in the Gateway to Florida Lodge requires joining Sons of Norway. Annual dues are $48 with a portion divided for international, district and local dues. After you have been a Sons of Norway member one year, an annual dues statement will be mailed to you from the International Headquarters.
You can join us in any one of the following ways:
Complete the electronic form above and we will email you an application including all pertinent documentation.
- Attend a meeting and pick up an application. Click here for the Events Calendar and the next meeting date.
- Contact the following Lodge officer for more information:
Webmaster Frank Morrison at email@example.com
Membership in Sons of Norway and the Gateway to Florida Lodge offers you a wide range of benefits such as:
- Cultural enrichment in Norwegian/Nordic heritage
- Fellowship in the world's largest ethnic fraternal benefit society
- Attendance privileges and voting rights at all Lodge meetings
- Monthly membership magazine, Viking, filled with interesting features about Norwegian heritage
- Sma Snakk, the monthly newsletter from the Gateway to Florida Lodge, with information about Lodge and other Scandinavian activities in Florida and beyond
- Access to a growing collection of books and videotapes about Norway and Scandinavia in general from our Lodge Librarian
- Selection from an outstanding portfolio of Sons of Norway financial products
- Member discounts on special travel packages
- Member discounts on heritage books, cassettes and videos
- Participation in Sons of Norway-sponsored activities
The Sons of Norway recognizes several special membership designations based on various criteria which are as follows:
The spouse, which can be either the husband or wife, pays a slightly discounted membership because he or she does not receive the Viking Magazine which is sent to the "primary" member.
Heritage and Unge Venner Membership
Heritage members are children aged 15 and younger and must have at least one parent or grandparent that is a Sons of Norway member. Heritage members receive a quarterly newsletter that gives information on Norwegian customs and has activities for their age group. They do not pay dues.
Unge Venner membership is to interest young people from age 16 through 23 in joining Sons of Norway. They receive several monthly publications and are entitled to the same privileges as a primary member. Sons of Norway welcomes you to become a member of our youth group. Join us in learning about Scandinavian culture and have fun doing it!
This is typically used for people who have two places of residence or have personal reasons for belonging to a particular lodge but live elsewhere.
The member must be at least 65 years old and a member in good standing for 30 years or more.
This is given to individuals with 50 years or more membership.